By George Peck
Your One-Stop advisor to firm Reporting with Crystal studies 2008
Transform disconnected company facts into compelling, interactive enterprise intelligence utilizing the entire strong instruments to be had in Crystal stories 2008. via targeted reasons, real-world examples, and professional recommendation, this accomplished consultant indicates you the way to create, retain, and distribute dynamic, visually attractive company database reports.
Crystal reviews 2008: the whole Reference explains find out how to choose and assemble pertinent company facts, manage it into conceivable teams, and gather it into simple company reviews. you are going to methods to increase file interactivity with kind controls and the parameter panel; clear up complicated reporting issues of cross-tabs and subreports; combine Crystal Xcelsius dashboards; decrease improvement time; and put up your effects to internet and home windows applications.
Integrate photographs, multimedia documents, graphs, and charts
- Allow user-controlled file sorting with new style controls
- Develop refined formulation and customized services with the formulation Workshop
- Embed Flash documents, together with Xcelsius 2008 interactive dashboards
Create complicated cross-tab stories with new derived rows and columns
- Export experiences into notice, Excel, Acrobat, and up-to-date XML formats
- Enhance net interactivity with the hot parameter panel and non-compulsory parameter fields
Work with SQL databases, OLAP cubes, and proprietary systems
- Centralize layout parts and auto-update reviews utilizing the repository
- Schedule and distribute stories with the most recent BusinessObjects firm XI 3.0
Embed reviews in internet and home windows functions utilizing visible Studio 2008
Read Online or Download Crystal reports 9 : the complete reference PDF
Similar data modeling & design books
The aim of this publication is to disseminate the examine effects and top perform from researchers and practitioners drawn to and dealing on modeling equipment and methodologies. notwithstanding the necessity for such reports is easily famous, there's a paucity of such study within the literature. What in particular distinguishes this publication is that it seems to be at numerous examine domain names and components reminiscent of firm, procedure, objective, object-orientation, information, requisites, ontology, and part modeling, to supply an summary of latest ways and most sensible practices in those conceptually closely-related fields.
Traditional object-oriented info versions are closed: even if they enable clients to outline application-specific periods, and so they include a hard and fast set of modelling primitives. This constitutes a tremendous challenge, as varied program domain names, e. g. database integration or multimedia, desire exact help.
The target of constructing caliber complicated Database structures is to supply possibilities for making improvements to ultra-modern database platforms utilizing leading edge improvement practices, instruments and strategies. every one bankruptcy of this e-book will supply perception into the powerful use of database expertise via versions, case reviews or event studies.
Designing Sorting Networks: a brand new Paradigm presents an in-depth advisor to maximizing the potency of sorting networks, and makes use of 0/1 instances, in part ordered units and Haase diagrams to heavily examine their habit in a simple, intuitive demeanour. This booklet additionally outlines new principles and methods for designing swifter sorting networks utilizing Sortnet, and illustrates how those strategies have been used to layout quicker 12-key and 18-key sorting networks via a chain of case experiences.
- Abstract data types: specifications, implementations, and applications
- Agent intelligence through data mining
- Create dynamic charts in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 and beyond
- Agent intelligence through data mining
Extra resources for Crystal reports 9 : the complete reference
Look for more information in Chapter 16. 4. Choose the database fields you actually want to appear on your report. You may choose single fields simply by clicking the field name under the Available Fields list. If you want to choose multiple fields, hold down the CTRL key and click. You’ll notice that fields are “multiselected” when you click them. To deselect an already selected field, hold down CTRL and click the field name again. To select a range of fields, click the first field in the range.
Resize the objects away from the guideline you don’t want them attached to. By resizing, you detach them from one guideline while leaving them attached to the other. You notice that when you delete objects from the report, the guidelines stay and clutter up the ruler. When you move other objects around on the report, they’re always snapping to the stray guidelines. Remove any unwanted guidelines simply by dragging them off the ruler. Table 1-2. Guideline Issues Chapter 1: Getting the Feel of Crystal Reports 9 When you place objects on your report, Crystal Reports applies default font faces, sizes, colors, and formatting to the objects.
11. When you click Next, the Record Selection area of the wizard will appear. Use this to limit your report to a limited set of meaningful database records. You likely won’t ever want to include every record in the database tables in your report. Many tables contain large numbers of records, and your reports will be much more meaningful if they contain only the relevant set of records. Choose one or more fields to select, and move them to the Filter Fields list by clicking the right-arrow button.